Recently in General Category
First reason is that I've been too busy with work during the last weeks, even now that is Sunday I've spent it at work all day!
The second and maybe the main reason is that I've been trying to set up everything to move my blog to WordPress. I decided to move to wordpress because it is an OpenSource and on the other hand my webhost supports it better.
Movable Type is a great management system but unfortunately when you have the personal free version there is no support for it and also I had problems with some of the features in my host so I thought would be a good Idea to move to wordPress and also move the weblog to the root of FreeLantern so if you are linking to my weblog please correct your links to Free Lantern.
I've also set up a Persian blog for myself, so I'll be also writing from time to time in Persian.
Arash's Photo says it all. This is one of the posters of Ahmadinejad's campaign for the election a few years ago. It reads "Maximum comfort and Joy for all Iranian people".
He just forgot to mention that by "All" he just meant those "All" that think the same as he does. The rest of the people are not included in "All", so they don't need any comfort, let alone the Joy!
- Definitely the most effective book which also has shaped sort of my choice of studying was a novel written by Isaac Assimov, called "The Death Dealers", It is a story of a Biochemistry professor whose research student dies while performing an experiment due to wrong usage of Sodium Cyanide instead of Sodium Acetate. It was not the only book I read from Assimov, as he was one of my favorite authors, but the story had such an effect on me that I became a Biochemist.
- One of the first long novels I ever read was Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens, I guess I was about 11 years old (or younger) when my dad bought it for me. I can still remember the shop we bought it from and my happiness carrying the book home!
- Animal Farm by Geroge Orwell is a classic and for me and many others from my country has live examples!
- The next book is "All quiet on the Western Front" (German: Im Westen nichts Neues),
written by Erich Maria Remarque, a German veteran of World War I. This great book is about the horrors of war.
Hmmmm I already said four books but there are so many more that I have in mind right now!
- I think between all the other books I'll choose Mark Twain's "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn". Novels written by Mark Twain are between the novels that I first thought about, when I read Leila's post.
I moved from MT 3.33 to MT 4 so at the beginning it took me some time to understand the new system and now I can say that it is GREAT. You can watch a video about some of the great changes in the new MT here. The installation is easy, and it is even easier to manage your weblog and make global changes to your weblog, but first you have to spend some time understanding the new concepts, modules and new template system.
Most importantly MT4 is FREE, and there are lots of free plugins and other sources available in the internet.
Poland's liberal opposition Civic Platform party has won a massive poll victory, ousting Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski's conservatives. Congratulations to my Polish friends!
Lech Kaczynski, is Poland's president and does not face an election until 2010. I reckon it is going to be 3 difficult years for him!
Mr. Tusk, has thanked everyone that "helped restore hope between Poles".